Dear Valued Customer,
You will clearly be aware of the pressing demand for Covid-19 home sample collection kits and the impact this global health crisis has had on supply chains.
Please also be aware that, as a result of a critical national demand, Randox have volunteered a significant element of our current Covid-19 testing capacity to the UK national testing programme. That programme is focusing on key workers and the maintenance of critical national infrastructure – including that of the NHS.
In the short to medium term Randox will continue to ramp up capacity and aim to support our private customer base, though initially the availability of kits for private use will be relatively limited.
Please rest assured that Randox are committed to testing at scale and know that this is the most effective way to both save lives and promote a timely return to a more normal society.
As additional capacity becomes available then we will aim to provide Covid-19 testing more broadly, and will advise accordingly. Until then we will not be in position to accept new orders.
We thank you for your understanding in these unparalleled times.
Randox has developed a revolutionary test for Coronavirus (COVID-19), the new strain of coronavirus. The only test in the world that can identify the lethal strain and differentiate between other non-lethal variants with the same symptoms. The new test utilises Randox Biochip Technology.
Step 1 – Buy Online
Step 2 – Register Kit
Step 3 – Collect & Post
Step 4 – Receive Results
The kit provided is used for the collection of upper respiratory specimens.
Your kit will include:
- Transportation box
- 1 Pathoseal Bag
- 1 swab
- 1 large postal envelope
- 1 sample collection tube
- Sample Collection Instructions
- 1 Transportation Tube
- Screening Request form
- Complete the COVID-19 Screening Request Form included in the sampling kit.
- Wash hands before starting
- Open the package containing the swab and remove without touching the soft tip.
- Insert swab into mouth and swab the back of the throat and tonsils and either side of the throat avoiding the tongue.
- While holding the swab, screw off the sample collection tube lid and place swab in the tube.
- Break off the end of the swab and the breakpoint and screw the lid back on tightly.
- Place the sample collection tube within the transport tube and seal with the lid provided.
- Place transportation tube inside the Pathoseal bag. Absorbent material will already be in situ.
- Seal pathoseal bag by removing the metallic silver strip. Ensure the blue adhesive strips have made a tight seal of the bag.
- Insert the pathoseal bag into the transportation box which should then be put inside the Postal Envelope provided and taken to a post office/courier arranged to be sent to the return address.