13 Feb Heart Health: Getting to the Heart of the Matter
This February we are focusing on heart health. How important do you think your heart is? Do you actively look after your heart? You should probably think about doing so. The importance of our hearts can not be over exaggerated. See below at some facts from the British Heart Foundation:
- Heart and circulatory disease causes more than a quarter (26 per cent) of all deaths in the UK; that’s nearly 160,000 deaths each year – an average of 435 people each day or one death every three minutes.
- There are around 7 million people living with heart and circulatory disease in the UK: 3.5 million men and 3.5 million women.
- Coronary heart disease (CHD) is the most common type of cardiovascular disease.
- Coronary heart disease is the most common cause of heart attack. In the UK there are 188,000 hospital visits each year due to heart attacks: that’s one every three minutes.
- An estimated 915,000 people alive in the UK today (640,000 men and 275,000 women) have survived a heart attack.
- Over half a million people in the UK are living with heart failure.
- There are more than 30,000 out-of-hospital cardiac arrests in the UK each year. The overall survival rate in the UK is less than 1 in 10
Stats Don’t lie..
We’ve all heard it before, but stats don’t lie. When you read the statisticss on heart health within the UK, it’s easy to become worried. However, it’s important not to panic – you can make small lifestyle changes to help lower your risk of heart disease. With 26% of deaths in UK due to heart and circulatory diseases its time to make a change. Read our blog on how three simple changes can help lower your risk of heart disease here!
Randox Health: What we do and How we can Help you
This month we are focusing on heart heart, so make sure to look out for our upcoming blogs with information about how to keep a healthy heart! If you’re worried about your heart health or have a family history of heart disease, contact a member of our team today from information on how we could help you! We are determined to help you get to the heart of the matter and see what’s really going on with your heart. This upcoming Valentine’s Day, give a gift to the one you love that really matters, the gift of health.